Position: Development and Program associate
Report to: Chair and vice chair of the board of directors as well as the CEO
SEMA US is a U.S non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable healthcare organization working to provide high quality healthcare and medical education for people in need worldwide. SEMA US has no association with political systems, parties, or ideologies. All its humanitarian relief work shall be provided to all without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sect, denomination or language.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the board, CEO and other staff.
- Contribute generally to the work of
organization, undertaking such other tasks as are appropriate to the nature and scope of the post,
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; verifying receipt of supplies,
- Facilitate, coordinate and act as primary point-of-contact for all
in countryaffairs and linkages including:establishing new relationships with other organizations; individuals; communities and government,
- Organizes meetings upon request and deals with all logistical aspects involved,
- Agenda keeping,
- Develop, review, and enhance content for print, electronic, social media platforms and website to communicate information to members, volunteers
- Develop and execute a fundraising action plan,
- Identify potential funding opportunities/sources,
- Prepare Grants proposals,
- Performs tasks upon assignment by direct supervisor,
- Track financial expenses and file tax reports to IRS.
Knowledge and Skills
- Preferably holding a Bachelor’s Degree in related fields such as Administration, Communications, Management, Human Resource etc,
- Good organizational skills, including ability to work within tight deadlines,
- Have excellent communication skills,
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for communication and promotional materials, fundraising, identifies potential opportunities for raising funds and writing grant proposals,
- Possess good Social Media skills especially leveraging Facebook and Twitter and other platforms for publicity and engaging a wide range of people.
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges,
- Willingness and capacity to volunteer,
- Preferably having experience with charity and non-profit organization workflow.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good analytical and communications skills, written and oral
- A positive problem-solving approach
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and team-working skills
- Ability to work under pressure and under difficult conditions
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
How to Apply: Interested candidates that meet the specifications for this position should send CV or resume to: [email protected] . Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be contacted directly by email, and then will be interviewed by the board of directors.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Please make sure to add the “job title” in the subject line of your email.
Closing date: maximum February 28, 2019